671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Kayaoglu, N. (2013). A Generic Approach for Dynamic Business Model Evaluation (Dissertation). Technische Universität Berlin.
Common business models are based on approximations of existing templates and structures provided commercially or freely available in the state of the art. However, many of the proposed business models were developed on the basis of specific situations. Hence, business model structures hinder the flexibility and compatibility to vast variety of businesses. In order not to develop a distinct evaluation concept for each business model, the challenge is to create a universal business model with an appendant evaluation concept.
In this study, we addressed the aforementioned issues and proposed a more dynamic, modular, and richer business model evaluation framework. This hierarchical framework deviates from the commonly used block structures. On the one hand, it helps avoiding the complexity of evaluation (especially when the business model blocks are dynamic), and, on the other hand, provides a transparent and easy way of interactions among evaluation functions residing at different hierarchical levels. With the view to attaining the objective of accuracy in evaluation, in this work, we proposed various concepts, namely, criticalness/non-criticalness of the evaluation parameters, interdependencies among the blocks of the business, etc. Our experiments and validations advocate that the proposed approach exhibits more realistic evaluation outcomes. We also extended the evaluation approach by incorporating the recommender component, which suggests adaptation of activities at different levels in the business model to attain the required evaluation value. The tangible outcome of this research work is a software tool, which implements the proposed framework. It is rich, easy to use, and provides a complete visualization space. We have also implemented the recommender function in the developed evaluation tool.
The experiments carried out on our developed evaluation tool strengthen our confidence that the proposed framework and its implementation address very crucial issues when it comes to business model evaluation. We are also convinced that there is still room for improvement specifically in the recommender component.
This work can be downloaded for free.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 21857
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 19300
- books 19081
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 13160
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 12075
- journals / online (free access) / English language 11900
- dissemination / discussion forums 10534
- online material: how to do evaluation? 9062
- dissemination / blogs 9033
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 9017
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 8785
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8488
- journals / printed / English language 8218
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 7057
- __about the author of this Portal 6405