671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
Personal homepage of Michael Scriven
Dr. Michael Scriven is a Distinguished Professor at the School of Behavioral and Organizational Sciences at Claremont Graduate University.
Michael Scriven took honors degrees in mathematics and then in the philosophy of mathematical logic at the University of Melbourne, and his doctorate in philosophy at Oxford.
He has taught in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand, in departments of mathematics, philosophy, psychology, the history and philosophy of science, and education, including twelve years at the University of California/Berkeley. He has also held fellowships at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences (Palo Alto), the Center for Advanced Study in Theoretical Psychology (University of Alberta), the Educational Testing Service (Princeton), the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions (Santa Barbara), the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia, the National Science Foundation, and as a Whitehead Fellow at Harvard University.
His 450+ publications are mainly in the fields of his appointments and in the areas of critical thinking, technology studies, computer studies, and evaluation. He is or has been on the editorial boards of 42 journals in these nine fields and some others such as psychiatry, and has edited several of them.
He is an ex-President of the American Educational Research Association, and of the American Evaluation Association, and the recipient of the American Evaluation Association's Lazarsfeld Medal for contributions to evaluation theory.
On his personal homepage he is posting a variety of items (about evaluation, philosophy of science and computers) that range from recent and completely unpublished work to newly revised earlier publications. It is a work in progress because he is hoping to get reactions from readers, from the merely critical--always appreciated--to constructive suggestions for additions/explications, all the way from typos to fundamental errors.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 22214
- books 20569
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 19865
- dissemination / discussion forums 16226
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 15427
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 14205
- journals / online (free access) / English language 12352
- dissemination / blogs 12189
- online material: how to do evaluation? 9502
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 9415
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 9253
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8811
- journals / printed / English language 8665
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 7476
- __about the author of this Portal 6789