671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
Free Tool: Instat
Instat began life on a BBC microcomputer. It was first used on a training course on 'statistics in agriculture' held in Sri Lanka during 1983. The BBC micro version was marketed commercially from mid-1985, with the DOS version for PCs becoming available in 1987. From 1994 Instat was free-of-charge. Updated DOS versions were released in 1996 and 1997.
Instat has been used widely in the UK and elsewhere by a range of companies, research institutes, schools, colleges, universities and private individuals. At The University of Reading it has been used extensively on training courses run by the SSC and the School of Applied Statistics. It has also been used in many countries on statistics courses and on courses related to health, agriculture and climatology.
'Instat+' (i.e. the Windows version of Instat) has been developed mainly because of its continued use for the analysis of climatic data. Funding from the UK Met Office for a new climatic version, supplemented by support from the SSC and the efforts of other friendly collaborators, led to the Windows version, which was first used on training courses in 1999.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 21735
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 19149
- books 18752
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 12906
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 11911
- journals / online (free access) / English language 11788
- dissemination / discussion forums 10339
- online material: how to do evaluation? 8929
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 8905
- dissemination / blogs 8864
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 8655
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8415
- journals / printed / English language 8117
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 6932
- __about the author of this Portal 6307