678 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Schwandt, T.A. (2015). Evaluation Foundations Revisited: Cultivating a Life of the Mind for Practice. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
Thomas A. Schwandt shows how to critically engage with the assumptions that underlie how evaluators define and position their work, as well as how they argue for the usefulness of evaluation in society. He looks at issues such as the role of theory, how notions of value and valuing are understood, how evidence is used, how evaluation is related to politics, and what comprises scientific integrity. By coming to better understand the foundations of evaluation, readers will develop what Schwandt terms "a life of the mind of practice," which enables evaluators to draw on a more holistic view to develop reasoned arguments and well fitted techniques.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||678|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 34500|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 19845
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 16994
- books 16571
- journals / online (free access) / English language 10382
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 9835
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 9653
- dissemination / discussion forums 8374
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 7779
- online material: how to do evaluation? 7670
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 7262
- dissemination / blogs 7057
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 7004
- journals / printed / English language 6393
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 5780
- __about the author of this Portal 4738