678 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Schwandt, T.A. (2015). Evaluation Foundations Revisited: Cultivating a Life of the Mind for Practice. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
Thomas A. Schwandt shows how to critically engage with the assumptions that underlie how evaluators define and position their work, as well as how they argue for the usefulness of evaluation in society. He looks at issues such as the role of theory, how notions of value and valuing are understood, how evidence is used, how evaluation is related to politics, and what comprises scientific integrity. By coming to better understand the foundations of evaluation, readers will develop what Schwandt terms "a life of the mind of practice," which enables evaluators to draw on a more holistic view to develop reasoned arguments and well fitted techniques.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||678|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 34500|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 19684
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 16853
- books 16434
- journals / online (free access) / English language 10285
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 9645
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 9513
- dissemination / discussion forums 8262
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 7709
- online material: how to do evaluation? 7582
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 7178
- dissemination / blogs 6947
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 6885
- journals / printed / English language 6288
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 5695
- __about the author of this Portal 4639