671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Schwandt, T.A. (2015). Evaluation Foundations Revisited: Cultivating a Life of the Mind for Practice. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
Thomas A. Schwandt shows how to critically engage with the assumptions that underlie how evaluators define and position their work, as well as how they argue for the usefulness of evaluation in society. He looks at issues such as the role of theory, how notions of value and valuing are understood, how evidence is used, how evaluation is related to politics, and what comprises scientific integrity. By coming to better understand the foundations of evaluation, readers will develop what Schwandt terms "a life of the mind of practice," which enables evaluators to draw on a more holistic view to develop reasoned arguments and well fitted techniques.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 21128
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 18525
- books 17820
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 11897
- journals / online (free access) / English language 11286
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 10971
- dissemination / discussion forums 9429
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 8447
- online material: how to do evaluation? 8437
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 8043
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8019
- dissemination / blogs 7983
- journals / printed / English language 7578
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 6474
- __about the author of this Portal 5748