678 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Schwandt, T.A. (2015). Evaluation Foundations Revisited: Cultivating a Life of the Mind for Practice. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
Thomas A. Schwandt shows how to critically engage with the assumptions that underlie how evaluators define and position their work, as well as how they argue for the usefulness of evaluation in society. He looks at issues such as the role of theory, how notions of value and valuing are understood, how evidence is used, how evaluation is related to politics, and what comprises scientific integrity. By coming to better understand the foundations of evaluation, readers will develop what Schwandt terms "a life of the mind of practice," which enables evaluators to draw on a more holistic view to develop reasoned arguments and well fitted techniques.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||678|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 34500|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 19427
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 16724
- books 16239
- journals / online (free access) / English language 10192
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 9430
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 9382
- dissemination / discussion forums 8145
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 7633
- online material: how to do evaluation? 7458
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 7101
- dissemination / blogs 6841
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 6774
- journals / printed / English language 6180
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 5615
- __about the author of this Portal 4546