671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
BOOK: Stephens, P. (2014): Undergraduate student satisfaction: Investigating the measurement, dimensionality, and nature of the construct using the Rasch model (Dissertation). University of Kentucky.
To calculate student satisfaction as the magnitude of item endorsement leaves a measure that is sample specific. The goal of a universal and unidimensional measure is only advanced by determining which items do or do not contribute to a model of linearity and unidimensionality. This research utilizes the Rasch model to advance exploration of the variable of student satisfaction. Using data collected from the Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory, analysis was conducted to determine if reported ascribed importance and experienced satisfaction adhered to the assumption of the Rasch model.
Results suggest that student satisfaction and ascribed importance do adhere to these assumptions of measurement, but only after ordinal rankings of dissatisfaction are collapsed into a single entity. The determined separation of satisfaction and dissatisfaction likens Herzberg’s Motivation-Hygiene Theory. Additional discussion and implications focus on contrasting analysis when applying the Rasch analysis relative to classical test theory, recommendations of modified instrument scaling to better capture the construct, implications for higher education, and heightened understanding of student satisfaction as a whole.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 21645
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 19050
- books 18543
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 12791
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 11800
- journals / online (free access) / English language 11710
- dissemination / discussion forums 10221
- online material: how to do evaluation? 8845
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 8827
- dissemination / blogs 8750
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 8565
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8344
- journals / printed / English language 8045
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 6789
- __about the author of this Portal 6231