671 listings (handpicked, individually described, unique, active, valid) can currently be found in this database!
May 9, 2006 __about the author of this Portal
Home of the Evaluation Portal, where this link collection belongs to. You can find much more...
Centre for Development Impact
Debates around impact evaluation have received renewed interest in recent years. Alongside a growing pressure on politicians and policymakers to demonstrate results and value for money, conventional evaluation approaches are being critiqued for lacking in rigour, and/or being too narrowly focused and unable to capture complexity. CDI’s work helps to broaden the range of evaluation designs and methods, providing funders and evaluators alike with valuable insights and tools to measure and understand impact.
CDI's current focus is on:
- Exploring a wide range of evaluation designs and methods, including complexity theory, systems thinking and different approaches to causal inference, in order to understand what works, for whom, why, and in what context.
- Designing appropriate methodologies for evaluating complex interventions in challenging contexts, such as: interventions in emergent, dynamic and uncertain situations (such as conflict), those that are multi-sectoral in nature (like nutrition or empowerment), and those not readily amenable to counterfactual construction (such as value chains).
- Better understanding the realities of the evaluation process, such as when evaluations are conducted under severe resource (or other) constraints, the politics of evaluation, and the use of evidence.
CDI is a joint initiative between the Institute of Development Studies, Itad and the University of East Anglia.
Link Collection Size
|Unique active, valid listings:||671|
|Unique active categories:||383|
|Total listing clicks ever:||> 35000|
What category are you looking for?
Listings By Language
- tools (commercial) / online surveys / English language 21884
- online material: what is evaluation? / English language 19356
- books 19240
- online material: how to do evaluation? / English language 13223
- dissemination / discussion forums / English language 12230
- journals / online (free access) / English language 11943
- dissemination / discussion forums 10741
- dissemination / blogs 9170
- online material: how to do evaluation? 9099
- evaluation approaches / Developmental Evaluation / English language 9045
- tools (free, no-cost) / statistical software / English language 8818
- evaluation approaches / Empowerment Evaluation / English language 8521
- journals / printed / English language 8257
- tools (free, no-cost) / office tools / English language 7099
- __about the author of this Portal 6424